Wednesday 20 July 2016

Italy, Much More than Just Rome


My aggressive uploads on social media this past month are all thanks to my recent travels to one of the most beautiful places in western Europe, Italy or Italia for all my Spanish speaking readers (I see you mami).Being this my second time in Italy I wanted to avoid revisiting  the main tourist attractions (failed) still ended up at the Coliseum, but can you really blame me?. Central Rome is spectacular, something straight out of a Disney movie ( s/o to Lizze Miguire) .When you think of Rome don’t you imagine yourself on the back of a Vespa holding onto an Italian boy name Marcangelo, who happens to know all the  best places to eat in the city and smells like the newest Paco Rabanne cologne? Okay maybe that’s just me.Its not that deep i'm sorry, Let’s get back on track, as I had previously mentioned I wanted to have a more authentic Italian experience and really explore other places outside from Rome. Thankfully, my aunt and her husband have an apartment in Sengi, a small ancient city two hours outside of Rome happened to be in the country at the same time as me, which made exploring much easier. Here are some of the places I encourage you to visit for yourself !


Castel Gandolfo

Fun Fact: Within the walls of this scenic town lies the Apostolic Palace Of Castel Gandolfo, the summer residence of the Roman Catholic Pope
Terracina



Fun Fact: This breathtaking costal town has a sort of Greek aura, it serves the best gelato in the whole wide world!

Temple De Jove

Fun Fact: The temple resides on top of the city overlooking the coast and its surrounding towns. A perfect location for a glass of wine and some prosciutto.
Rome
Fun Fact: One word to describe this place magical

Other places you must see:
-Sengi & Cori

Don't Forget to JOIN US on INSTAGRAM
@xololaa

No comments:

Post a Comment